Wednesday 12 September 2012

And So It Begins...

Here we go - delving into the world of blogging (as if there aren't enough blogs already infiltrating the internet). Point of this blog isn't to be a writer. In fact, I'm quite certain my writing style and overall study of English is in the 70% grading range as opposed to professional bloggers with English degrees and Journalism majors. My background as it stands with writing is writing reports for business school. Yay charts, appendices, cash flow statements, and marketing campaigns - not exactly what makes up a solid blog (unless you're into that...). What I intend to focus on here is the real world, real life, unedited version of the components that make up my life in an attempt to educate others that may plan on, or are, going through similar experiences as me, and shed some light, experiences, and thoughts into those fields.

Alright... some areas I'll likely stick to in writing, but expand from there:

School
Don't judge me. This isn't a 'yay isn't education just the BEST' type of category (sorry Mom). I'm writing about school because I just went back to graduate school after a few year's break from my undergrad and feel it would be beneficial to tell you how it goes. Why? Because I'm literally biting off way more than I can chew and will likely have a break down at some point over the next 8 months (insert laugh-cry). So you can come on this journey with me and see what it's like to juggle it all - work, school, home life, friend life, my cat... - and perhaps some of my experiences will help educate you in why you should (or shouldn't) go back to school, how to manage it all if you do, and laugh at the [likely] opinions and experiences I encounter along the way. Note: I'm doing my MBA, and can tell you already that there are suits EVERYWHERE. I'll likely write about this topic in coming weeks as I already have some ideas brewing on how I feel about suits...

Health & Fitness
Nutrition, eating gluten free (or trying), weight training, cycling, yoga, eating copious amounts of Sweet Chili Heat Doritos on the couch whilst staring at my kettlebells... I'll discuss anything and everything from supplements, cooking experiences, fitness I love (or hate), and the reasons why my couch overrides my ability to do any of those things sometimes. 90% of the time I'm a healthy and active individual. 10% of the time I'm a bum. I'll discuss all 100%.

Life from the eyes of a mid-20s female
Everyone prepares you for adolescence and the teenage years of absolute hell, but no one tells you that your mid-20s are quite possibly the most stressful time of life. Somehow we have to figure out what we want to do with our lives, make enough money to support our lifestyles, meet a significant other, get married, have babies, and somehow come out of this with a smile on your face and hair left on your head. Say what? (Again, insert laugh-cry).

That's all for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment